First Place Winner - photo by Gabe
Second Place Winner - photo by brianne
Third Place Winner - photo by firehop
After much debate, it was decided that the staff has interacted with too many of the photographers in our photo contest, and to eliminate any potential bias we would have a celebrity judge select each of our contest winners. Although we will be unable to provide you with Paula Abdul or Randy Jackson (they were busy picking the next mediocre American Idol contestant), we'll try to pick some interesting judges nonetheless.
This month, our celebrity rock star judge is Paul Collins of The Beat
, all the way from Spain. We last caught up with him at SXSW
and at least one of the pictures he selected was from SXSW as well. Thanks for helping us pick this month's winner, Paul! He already has a kingsnake t- shirt or he'd be getting another one for helping out. All of our winners this month will also get a t-shirt, as well as some other prizes, once we figure out who they are.
club kingsnake is now accepting submissions for its 2007 concert photo contest. Last year's contest attracted over 500 photo entries. This year we timed the announcement to occur during Austin's SXSW festival and handed out about 1000 flyers to music photojournalists from around the world.
The 2007 contest will be handled a bit differently, with monthly winners instead of weekly, and with larger prize incentives to the winners. This year's contest prizes are as follows:
(selected at the first of each month)
1st Place - $100 B & H Photo Gift Card
2nd Place - $50 B & H Photo Gift Card
3rd Place - club kingsnake T-Shirt
Year End Prizes:
(selected at the beginning of 2008)
1st Place - $2000 Camera Shopping Spree at B & H Photo
2nd Place - Fuji F31 Point N Shoot Camera
3rd Place - $100 B & H Photo Gift Card
So how does it work? Simple - just upload a concert photograph that you have taken yourself (with a camera, not off someone else's web site!) to our photo contest gallery. Make sure to include the artist's name and any other pertinent details such as the camera and lense used in the description. Every month 3 winners will be chosen, and at the end of the year the 3 best will be selected from all the photos submitted throughout the year. This is kind of like American Idol for pictures except our contest judges have been told to keep their rude snickering to themselves.
The 2007 club kingsnake concert photo contest is now live! Post your images at http://clubpix.kingsnake.com/index.php?cat=521
- You may enter as many concert photos as you like AS LONG AS THEY ARE PHOTOS YOU HAVE TAKEN!
- Entries must be posted before the end of the day on the last day of the month, according to the clocks on our systems.
- You must include a valid email address on your post for it to qualify.
- Staff and volunteers of OnlineHobbyist.com, Inc. and its associated sites are ineligible to participate in the contest although they may certainly post their photos as well.
- Anyone may enter, regardless of age, although for persons under 18 a parent or guardian must claim the prize.
- No purchase is required to participate.
- You must have a physical address somewhere on the planet earth that can receive parcels sent through the U.S. postal service.