follow me on facebook follow me on Twitter follow me on YouTube  Concert Reviews - Photo Spreads - Tour News - Breaking News - Photo Gallery - Videos - Podcast Interviews - My Account
Band Encyclopedia - Live Music Venues - Press Releases - Music Blog Aggregator - Media Store - Staff & Contributors - Contact Us

Club Kingsnake - Music Press Releases

These Press Releases are submitted by bands, publicists and the staff of Club Kingsnake. PLEASE NOTE - All Press Releases are reviewed before listing and releases that are not on topic will not be listed. Submitting a release does not guarantee listing. To add a music press release click here.

FLORENCE AND THE MACHINE WITH SPECIAL GUESTS HOLY HAIL

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: TUESDAY, JANUARY 26th, 2010

FLORENCE AND
THE MACHINE
WITH SPECIAL GUESTS HOLY HAIL

SATURDAY, APRIL 10, 2010
THE PHOENIX CONCERT THEATRE - TORONTO

Doors: 6:30PM Show: 7:00PM

British sensation Florence and The Machine will be making her way back to North America in support of her critically acclaimed debut album Lungs, available in stores and online now.  

Lungs is co-produced by Paul Epworth (Bloc Party, Maximo Park), James Ford (Arctic Monkeys, Last Shadow Puppets) and Steve Mackay (PULP, M.I.A), and has already amassed a hefty amount of acclaim in the UK.  Lungs is full of gothic imagery and fairytale flights of fantasy, and love.  It features harps, choirs, drums, quartets, strange electronic wailing, while incorporating countless other instruments and emotions along the way.  She won this year's prestigious Brit Awards Critics' Choice and was nominated for a Mercury Prize.

Live, Florence and The Machine becomes an entirely different beast. No two performances are ever alike, and clad in clothes often culled from local second-hand shops that day or designed specifically for her, Florence goes at it like a woman possessed. As for The Machine, it's a flexible monster. It can go right down to Florence and a drum kit or a piano, but right now it's a seven-piece band including long-term collaborators; Rob Ackroyd (guitar), Chris Hayden (drums), Isabella Summers (keyboards) and Tom Monger (harp).  

Catch Florence and The Machine live April 10th at the Phoenix Concert Theatre!

Live

Tickets on sale Saturday, January 30th @ 10am

Tickets available all Ticketmaster Locations, Rotate This and Soundscapes
or charge by phone at (416) 870-8000

Order online at HYPERLINK "http://www.livenation.com" www.livenation.com
General Admission Tickets (incl. GST) $20.00
(plus FMF and service charges)
**19 Show**

Views: 1888

Search

Video Gallery
J.Price - Beautiful

Photo Gallery
Click Here to Post!!!

Mower at The Red Eyed Fly, Austin, ...

Syndicate This Blog

Syndicate This Blog XML RSS 0.91 feed XML RSS 1.0 feed XML RSS 2.0 feed ATOM/XML ATOM 0.3 feed ATOM/XML ATOM 1.0 feed XML RSS 2.0 Comments
©copyright 1994-2012, OnlineHobbyist.com, Inc., and others   -   all rights reserved - unauthorized use or duplication prohibited   -   for more info contact OnlineHobbyist.com, Inc. - P.O. Box 104 Walburg, Texas 78673-0104